Denplan Dental Insurance Plans
We are proud to offer our patients the option to join one of the Denplan insurance plans at Wellington Dental Practice. Denplan is a monthly subscription service to help spread the cost of your dental treatments*.
Denplan Dental Cover: How Does It Work and Is It Suitable for You?
For full details please click this link: https://www.dentaly.org/en/dental-insurance-guide/denplan-dental-insurance/
In summary, there are two types of cover;
Denplan Care is a really easy way to spread the cost of all your routine treatment into affordable monthly payments, reducing the chance of receiving unexpected dental bills. This plan will cover your regular check-ups and hygiene visits with your dental team, as well as any restorative treatment you may need. As with all our plans, Denplan Care also includes worldwide dental injury and dental emergency (Denplan Supplementary Insurance).
To join Denplan Care at Wellington Dental Practice, you will first require a full private assessment from one of our dentists (see our fee guide). From here you will be assigned a band depending on your level of dental activity which has an associated monthly fee. It is important to know that you must be dentally fit and well before starting Denplan care and so any treatment required at this initial assessment must be carried out on a private basis before joining the plan.
Whilst the cover you require is determined by a private assessment, the monthly fees range from £18.94-£54.90.
Please note that teeth, fillings, crowns or other treated teeth that look suspicious and/or are being monitored by the dentist are excluded; your dentist will be able to inform you of any excluded teeth at your assessment.
Under Denplan Care, you will also be charged for any laboratory work that is involved in your treatment. For example, if you have a crown, you would pay for the laboratory fee. Similarly, you will have to pay if your general dentist is unable to carry out the treatment for you, for example if you require difficult root canal treatment, surgical extractions or dental implants.
Denplan Essentials is an easy budgeting plan that covers you for the foundations of your dental care, helping to prevent problems before they start.
You do not need to be dentally fit and well to join this plan and monthly payments start from as little as £9.65 per month. You will also receive 10% discount on our usual private fees for fillings and other restorative treatments.
Denplan Essentials covers you for check-ups and hygienist visits as well as significant discretionary benefits provided by the practice:
– 10% discount on our usual private fees for fillings and other restorative treatments
– Free routine X-Rays, usually £21 each.
– No charge for urgent visit assessment fee during our normal working hours, usually £45 for registered patients and £95 for unregistered patients.
– Free Denplan Registration, usually £15.00 per person
– All Denplan patients will benefit from family discounts on their monthly contributions, two people 5%, three people 10%, four or more is 15% when the payment is made from a single bank account.
Depending on the condition of your teeth and gums, and the number of visits per year, the monthly fees for Denplan essential are:
A- One check-up and one hygienist per year – £9.65 a month (For a very Stable and healthy dentition)
B- One check-up and two hygienist visits – £14.87 a month
C- Two check-up and two hygienist – £19.45 a month (The most common option, average dentition)
D- Two check-up and three hygienist – £24.55 a month
E- Two check-up and four hygienist – £29.78 a month (For people with chronic gum problem)
For Denplan patients who fail to attend treatments, a charge of 50% of the treatment cost will be applied to make up for the wasted surgery time. For any failed routine check-ups of hygienist visits, Denplan patients will have to pay for a replacement appointment.
* Please note, if you are a new patient, you will require a private new patient assessment appointment before registering with Denplan.
* Both new patients and existing patients who have registered with Denplan must pay 6 months worth of contributions before booking your first appointment under your Denplan cover. For Bands D & E, you must pay 3 months worth of contributions.